Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Know, I Know.

You're all wondering where I've been.

First, our power went out. On my birthday. So I had to make my birthday pancakes in the dark (we had them for dinner, not breakfast) since I was midway through making them when it went out.

Cocoa-chocolate chip pancakes. Yum.

Then Noel took her first flights to and from Antalya, Turkey.

Yeah, this is boring, Mom.

Lane learned how to "smile" for the camera.

I can only imagine what future "smile for the camera" smiles are going to look like!

Noel got her first bath.

She's still not sure if she likes the water or hates the water.

My friend Melissa sent Noel some baby booties she made.

So cute! And they fit her perfectly! Thanks, Melissa!

I've gotten lots of newborn baby snuggles.

I know you're not supposed to let them fall asleep on you, but...who can resist?

Lane discovered a new game.

Let daddy run and push you as fast as he can! Oh so fun!

And in between it all Lane got a cold, threw up about eight times and didn't sleep all night for a week. I've washed about six loads of laundry in the past four days. We've gotten passport photos for Noel taken and all the documents filled out to apply for her certificate of birth abroad and U.S. passport when we go to the Consulate tomorrow.

Forgive me while I recuperate from the last twelve insane days. Why is it that when it rains, it pours? Seriously...I can't wait for life to return to "normal!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have had a lot going on lately. Happy birthday!! And I can't resist letting noah fall asleep on my either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!