Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. My in-laws are in town all the way from Alabama, so...needless to say, I'm spending time with them and not on the computer. Tomorrow we're going on vacation for a few days (a REAL vacation!), so I'll likely be MIA for another week or so.
BUT. My friend Lauren tagged me, so I must oblige, right?
Rule #1: The tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any questions they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
Rule #2: Tag 5 people to do this quiz. The tag-ee must state who tagged them. Goodness, who might actually do this that hasn't already been tagged? Let's try Rachel, Ann, Jackie, Renee, and Barbara. I'm not providing links right now because I need to go to bed! But you all know who you are, I do believe.
1. What is one word that can best be used to describe you?
Hmm. Blunt? Real? Northern? Ha. I'm not really sure. But I think these all sum me up pretty well...what you see is what you get. I am not good at putting on a front or pretending to be something or someone I'm not. I'm also extremely...well, blunt. I say it like it is. I try not to be rude, but I also don't know how to sugar coat things. Thanks, oh-being-raised-in-the-North.
2. If you could have a dream come true, would what it be?
Hmm. I don't know. My dreams seem to be fairly realistic (because let's face it, I'm a realist) and attainable. Let's try a different question: If you could go anywhere in the world on a dream vacation, where would it be? -My answer is FIJI!
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Invest most of it. Help my mom finish fixing up her house. College fund for Lane and future kids. Go on a GREAT vacation. Buy some new clothes (because let's face it, I need some).
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Umm...probably just time. Alone. A good run (not like I've been running in a very long time, though). Praying, depending on why I'm in a bad mood. Sleep. A funny movie or an episode of "Friends." Pretty much anything to get my mind off of why I'm in a bad mood!
5. What is your bedtime routine?
Take out my contacts, get into my jammies, brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, get a glass of water, Shannon and I pray together, and then it's glorious sleep!
6. What activities did you do in High School? If you could go back, would you do the same or something different?
I was on the dance team and sang in choir my senior year. I think I'd try to do a few more sports (if I could go back), but I don't know if my "athletic ability" would come any earlier the second go-around.
7. What kind of books do you read?
I'll read anything, really. I just read "The Help"...it was fantastic. I love the Harry Potter series. I like John Grisham and Jodi Picoult. And of course I like books that help my walk with the Lord.
8. How do you see yourself in ten years?
A stay-at-home-mom. NOT learning a new language, hopefully. Eek, I'll be 41. Goodness that sounds old!
9. What's your favorite piece of clothing you own?
Gosh, I don't know. Most of my clothes are pretty boring. I guess I have some really fantastic summer dresses that I don't get to wear very often because...well, they're not exactly appropriate unless you're at the beach. Which I'm usually not.
10. What kind of skin care do you use?
Apricot face scrub (when available) and Neutrogena SPF 15 moisturizer.
11. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Umm...go to the bathroom? Ahh, probably drink a glass of water...that's usually first.
12. If you could have any job, regardless of income, what would it be?
If I didn't have a family, I'd love to be a world traveler/photographer. Travel the world and take photos, like for National Geographic or something. Awesome.
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I like my name. I think I'll keep it.
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months or rain, which would you choose?
Sun. But not if it was accompanied by six months of more-than-80-degree weather. Then I'd choose the rain.
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next six months, what would it be?
Italian food. Anything Italian. YUM.
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I like knowing that I'm keeping our friends and family updated on our lives, even the boring parts (sometimes), while we live so far away.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
Depends. Usually sweet, I guess.
18. What items are in your purse right now?
My wallet, hand sanitizer, tissues, a pen, our change purse (has money, chapstick, a spare contact lens, and gum inside), eye drops, and a "diaper pod" that has 2 diapers, a thing of wipes, and a small cloth (for covering up icky surfaces in case of emergency diaper changes). That's it!
19. What is the best memory you have of you and the person that tagged you in their 20 questions?
I think it'd have to be eating at Shuckers last August. I seem to recall that Lauren ordered something that took her forever to eat, and that something went wrong with her order as well. It was quite funny, her being the center of attention and the last one eating for, oh, 20 minutes or so.
20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn't?
I don't watch anything on television. I do own all ten seasons of "Friends," though. And I love it. Maybe it's a tad inappropriate at times, but we all need a good laugh sometimes, right?