Thursday, February 3, 2011

One of Those Days

Every now and then I just have one of those days. They've been coming more frequently recently. I'm not sure what's been bringing them on. Hormones, probably. (On a side note, you gotta love being a nursing mother...you can blame a lot on hormones.) But it seems that multiple times each day I feel overwhelmed with love for my daughter.

I don't just mean moments where I think, "Wow, I love her so much." I mean moments that make my sinuses sting. Moments that I marvel at the wonder that she is and the fact that God gave her to me. Moments that it seems my heart actually aches with love. Moments that I revel in her beauty, in her joy over simple things, in her innocence, and in her unabandoned love for me. Moments that I weep with joy.

Moments like these.


"What's in there?"


Asleep with giraffe right on top of her face (and blankie in her mouth, of course).


Workin' the shape sorter.


Toting blankie down the hall, headed for the book pile.


Picking out a book.


"This one, mom, this one!"


All ready to go outside, blankie in tow.


Patiently waiting on the elevator to stop so we can get out.


Looking at the birds.


She got a big rock. She loves rocks.


Shaming mommy: every time we go to the nearby store she begs (i.e. points and makes "eh, eh" noises) for their food. They usually give her a piece of fruit: this time it was an apple. They even cut it for her.


Going for a walk with random Turk #587. Sagging pants. Freezing hands.


Gosh she loves that blankie.


Love her cutie patootie nose and pouty mouth.

It's in those moments that I can't help but think of God's love for us. If I love Lane as much as I do, so much that it makes me hurt, I can't even fathom God's love for us that he would give his Son, whom he loves even more than I love Lane, so that we could be with him.

I can't even imagine his love for us. I can't even imagine it.

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?...If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" -Matthew 7:9, 11

7 comments:

  1. How beautiful. I'm crying on my
    keyboard again. Love you, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I came upon this from Jessica's blog. Your daughter is beautiful..and your blog is lovely.
    Enjoy those moments with her...they grow up so quickly!

    Blessings to you...
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this post, Michelle. Lane is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great post Michelle, really really. Lane is so adorable, I love the picture of her profile in that cute hat. God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know!! It still hits me every now and then. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!