Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Quilt from Joyce


Can you see the stitching? Joyce did it all by hand.

I've been meaning to post about this quilt for a couple of months now, but as I think you all know from my previous post almost 3 weeks ago, I've been a bit busy.

When I moved to North Carolina in August 2006, I stopped at my dad and stepmom's for a couple of days. While I was there my stepmom, Joyce, asked me to pick out a pattern for a quilt. So, I picked one out, said I wanted it to be blue, and told her that I wanted a full-sized one, since that's the size bed I was going to buy. A few months later, after I was engaged, I had to request her to up it to a queen since there would be two of us sleeping under it now!


The pillowcases don't match, but the colors are so beautiful!

Fast-forward to January 2009. On my way home from a trip to Chattanooga to see a friend, I stopped in to pick up the quilt that Joyce had been working on for the past year. I don't think I've ever had anyone work so hard and diligently on any one thing for me! (Well, unless you count the rebuilding of my car...that took a lot of work too.) I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! And neither could Diana...she said that she almost asked Joyce to make her one! Anyways, the quilt is proudly displayed on our bed for all to see. We absolutely love it, and every time we climb into bed and feel it around us, we're reminded of all the hard work that went into it. Thanks, Joyce!

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!