Friday, March 20, 2009

Hurricanes Game

On Wednesday night, Shannon and I took a much needed break from the insanity of midterms and we went to a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game. We probably shouldn't have, since we both had a midterm the next day, and we missed small group in order to go. But...tickets were only $12 each, and I'd never been to a professional anything game, and Shannon had never seen a real hockey game. So, we got tickets for the two of us and my sister and brother-in-law (who's a hockey nut) and we went!


My and Shannon's tickets...all $24 worth! The New Jersey Devils used to have a guy from Alaska on their team...but he no longer plays for them. That was a bummer to learn!


This is the view you get for $12 a ticket!


My sister, Rachel, and I outside the RBC Center, wearing 'Canes red.


Shannon (who didn't get the memo about wearing red) and Lucas.


The 'Canes are in red and the Devils are in white...interesting since in basketball the home team wears the white uniform.

The game was fun and the Hurricanes won 4-2. There were a ton of people there, but nothing compares to the Auburn-Alabama football game that we went to back in 2007.

As far as school goes, Shannon has finished his midterms. I've taken one and have one to take tomorrow (yes, on Saturday) and one to take on Tuesday. Then I have about 70 more pages to read in order to take a quiz by Thursday. And then on Friday I'll be reading and memorizing so that when Shannon's dad and stepmom come into town next weekend we can have some fun! And then we'll be finishing up the packing and preparing to head to Turkey in April. 62 more days of insanity.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!