Saturday, January 11, 2014

Baby Bump

So…I've been horrible at documenting this pregnancy. Absolutely horrible. I have nothing to blame except, oh, the craziness of life. Not "normal" craziness, definitely abnormal craziness. Husband-out-of-the-country craziness (weeks 4-8, 17). Thanksgiving craziness (week 20). Moving craziness (weeks 21, 22, 23, 24, and oh yes, week 25 as well). Christmas craziness (week 24). Birthday craziness (weeks 22 and 25). All that to say…it's been a crazy pregnancy.


14 weeks. Mid-October.


17 weeks. Early November.

In the very early stages of this pregnancy (months 1-2) I felt just fine, for the most part. I had a little of that "need to keep my tummy full" feeling in order to stave off morning sickness, but overall I was ok. Months 3-4 I was so tired. Extremely tired. Like, I'd sleep as late as possible, go to class, come home and take a nap (I let Lane watch way too many shows while Noel napped so I could nap, too) and then cook dinner or do a load of laundry and that was it for the day. I was in bed most nights by 9 p.m., some nights as early as 7:30. Watching my kids, going to class, and keeping the bare minimum done on housework was all I could manage.


20 weeks. Late November.

Month five was better, and thank goodness for it since it was spent packing, packing, and packing. And moving. We moved out of our apartment, put all our stuff in storage, and moved in with some friends for a few days. They took us to the airport later that week, and we re-located to Alabama for a couple of weeks. We stayed with Shannon's dad and stepmom for our first four days back.


23 weeks. December 20.

The beginning of month six marked a move to Shannon's mom and stepdad's, where we stayed for a week before going back to his dad and stepmom's for three days. Then we moved to North Carolina where we'll be until mid-March, about a month before this baby is due to make an appearance.


26 weeks. (Right after I'd eaten dinner, of course.)

We've been in the States four weeks and have already put nearly 3500 miles on the vehicle we're driving. We've been to six states, celebrated two birthdays (three if you count Jesus'!), transitioned Noel to a big-girl bed, and slept in four different places. We've done some really fun things (Chuck-E-Cheese for Noel's birthday, a 2-night stay at a swanky B&B for me and Shannon, buying some new maternity clothes, seeing bambino #3 for the first time via ultrasound, our girls' first Christmas in America with grandparents), as well as some not-so-fun things (blood work, dental exams [Shannon and I each need a crown, ugh], Lane's first visit to the dentist, repairing the hatch-back of our 2002 van, jet-lag with a 2 and 3-year old) and so far...we're just plain tired. We are ready to get some rest, to recuperate from 3.5 long years of living overseas before we go back and do it all again.

So, that's the story so far of the bump. Just craziness. I'll try to get back on board with bi-weekly updates in the third trimester because I think we'll actually be in one place for most of it! This baby is already pretty active and moving around a lot…for not having felt the baby much at all until around 22 weeks…s/he is making up for it now!

2 comments:

  1. Your bump has been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a bump now! Yay! My belly looks bigger than your 23 week belly, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!