Friday, November 18, 2011

36 Weeks (second time around)

Alright, peeps, this is going to be quick because it's late and I forgot that I have to make some coleslaw for tomorrow (you know it tastes better if you let it sit overnight!).

Only four weeks to go! Eeek! We have been super busy over the last few weeks trying to get things ready for this bambino's arrival! And, I think...I think we can say that we have accomplished most of what needed to be done:

*Everything in our apartment is functioning, many things better than they were just a couple of weeks ago (light fixtures, hot water heater, leak on the balcony, toilets, etc., etc., etc.).
*Baby clothes are all clean and while they're not put up (I'm honestly not sure where to put them), they are clean and easily accessible.
*We have 140 newborn disposable diapers (yes, we will switch to cloth, but probably not for the first month...I like to get in a routine before I add washing diapers every other day into the mix!), which might last us two weeks if we're lucky.
*We have a baby monitor.
*Our pantry is stocked the best I can do for now, just in case this baby comes early.
*I got new contact lenses and Shannon got new glasses.
*I've made it through 6 of 7 weeks of Turkish class outside my home.

36 weeks. Do I look giddy or what?

I went to the doctor earlier this week and am up to 10 kilos (22 pounds) gained. Baby is weighing (to my doctor's best guess) about 4.5 pounds, or a little over 2 kilos. She's still measuring a bit small, but my doctor isn't worried since I'm not a big (I'm tall but small-boned) person and neither is Shannon. I got some medicine for reflux since I've not been wanting to eat due to feeling like food was lodged in my esophagus. Now, while the medicine is nasty, at least I feel like eating and can lie down to sleep at night! Baby girl is still low, low, low, and my doctor estimates that my labor will last about six hours, beginning to end. Ha. I hope she's right, although I'm not banking on it!

That's that! I'll be back soon...like I said, we've actually gotten a lot done in the last 3-4 weeks so now I can relax some. I need to pack my hospital bag, put a towel under my side of the bed (just in case my water breaks at night!), and brush up on breathing techniques and that chapter about birth in What to Expect When You're Expecting. Not too long now!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! You look beautiful and I love how you can see the joy on your face in this picture. Shalom was super low too - and my labor was short so hopefully things will go quickly for you :) Cannot wait to see if this one looks like Lane. Oh the fun suspense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!! Four weeks, wow! You will be there in no time! I still need to pack my hospital bag too, but they ask me to take so much random stuff that I have to go shopping before I can finish it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!