Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Solstice

Today while reading the paper I noticed that today, one day after summer solstice, the longest day of the year, the sunrise was at 5:59 am and the sunset will be at something like 8:39 pm. This cracks me up, that the longest day of the year only has 14.5 hours of daylight. Maybe it's because I grew up in Alaska. Actually, it's got to be because I grew up in Alaska. Today in Kenai the sunrise was at 4:34 am and the sunset is at 11:40 pm. Sigh. I miss it.

As far as other news goes, I took my midterm for my class and have completed two of the papers I needed to write. I'm going to read another chapter or two tonight and then tomorrow the craziness begins again. Only 5 more days of class/work craziness and then I get a couple of days off and then we get to move, which will be another form of craziness! We did start packing last night...we now have most of our books in boxes and the spare bedroom is emptied of everything we want to keep. Now it's the holding place for all the stuff we want to sell if we can get our act together to have a yard sale on Saturday. We'll see though...we may end up either a) taking it with us in hopes of selling it 2 weekends from now or b) taking it all to the Tri-Cities Ministry place. I'm hoping for the yard sale.

Not much else is going on here. Just work, school, and preparing for the move. Oh, and Shannon starts his new job tomorrow, so that's exciting. And we're both keeping up with running, although I only ran two days this last week because my stomach was a wee bit squinky at the end of the week. I'll try again tomorrow. If you haven't checked out the recipe link to the right, check it out...I'm making apple pie today, and it's been raved as the best by more than one person! Perhaps more interesting recipes will come after the move and when class is out, but for now it's just time-tested ones holding us through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!