Well, once again, better late than never. We headed to the States for a month one week after Lane's birthday, so blogging has definitely been on the back burner. I mean, it's been on the back burner for years, but all the same...it's worse when you're traveling around and never in the same place more than a few nights in a row.
I lost my brain and left the cake on the table in the morning. Raye got a swipe out of it with a bowl, but I think I did an ok job of covering it back up and fixing it. I was so glad I had saved some frosting after decorating the night before!
Lane requested a flower cake this year so I did the best I could to make her a pretty cake. She's pretty much a girly-girl (dresses, hair ribbons, princesses, etc.) with some crazy tomboyish tendencies thrown in there (jumping, running, hanging, roar-ing, etc.). But she's gone for "pretty" the last three birthdays, so I think that shows she's girly at heart.
Her birthday fell on a Friday this year and we started the day with birthday pancakes and some Skype calls. She opened some of her gifts and we just had a pretty normal day. She was supposed to go to her local classes that afternoon but they were canceled so she just got to hang with me and help decorate for her party instead.
Some of her loot.
We had spaghetti for dinner and leftover pizza for lunch. She had a chocolate cake and some vanilla cupcakes, and we even played a game at her party. It was like musical chairs except with dancing instead of trying to sit on a chair, the last person to freeze when the music stopped was out. It was pretty funny because Noel didn't want to play so it was only boys left and most of them were pretty much wallflowers. Lane ended up winning the only game at her own party. I've never been one to do a lot of games or prizes or even special decorations but our girls are getting old enough now that they've been to a few parties and now expect games and that kind of stuff at their own. Sigh. It's kind of hard to find games related to flowers!
All in all I think she had a fun day and felt special. That's always the goal of birthdays, isn't it?
And of course we asked her the same questions that we've asked for her last four birthdays. This time she actually has 10 of the same answers, which is kind of fun. For last year's answers you can go here.
1. Your favorite color is pink.
2. Your favorite toy is your Sleeping Beauty doll.
3. Your favorite fruit is strawberries.
4. Your favorite TV show is Paw Patrol.
5. Your favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast.
6. Your favorite thing to wear is dresses.
7. Your favorite animal is elephants.
8. Your favorite song is, "La La La's" (Brahms Lullaby).
9. Your favorite book is The Boxcar Children.
10. Your best friend is Noel.
11. Your favorite snack is crackers.
12. Your favorite drink is juice.
13. Your favorite breakfast is cereal (puffs).
14. Your favorite lunch is pizza.
15. Your favorite dinner is spaghetti.
16. Your favorite game is Sneaky Snacky Squirrel.
17. Your favorite thing to play outside is tag.
18. Your favorite holiday is Christmas.
19. At night you sleep with: blankie.
20. You want to be a paleontologist when you grow up.