Friday, September 9, 2011

26 Weeks (second time around)

It's really sad when I only find time to update the blog when it's time for a belly picture! In all honesty, this past week since getting back from vacation has just been insanely busy. Last weekend we spent cleaning, grocery shopping, doing laundry, unpacking, and so on. Then during the past four days I had class each day, Shannon had class two days, we each had two meetings to go to, we hosted people for dinner, and all the regular stuff as well (cooking, shopping, cleaning, studying/homework). So...it's been a busy week. We're hoping that this next week is not quite so crazy, because we've only been back a week and we're already exhausted!

All that being said, I'm 26 weeks pregnant today. Next Friday will be only three months until my due date. We're having a baby in THREE months! Eeek! We continue to be amazed at how quickly this pregnancy is flying by. It really is true that you just don't have time with second (and probably subsequent) pregnancies to relish each moment, read everything in What to Expect When You're Expecting, and so on. Life is just too, too busy with a toddler for me to focus much on how much our lives are going to change in December.


26-weeks. Taken on our balcony.

So...onto pregnancy stuff. I'm feeling fine. I haven't been sleeping very well at night, but I think it's got more to do with drifting off for 10-15 minutes in the afternoon when I put Lane down for her nap than being uncomfortable. I'm trying really, really hard to not succomb to the desire for a nap after lunch so that I'll sleep better at night. I'll have a doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks and will have my blood drawn and all that lovely stuff. Speaking of which, did you know that I haven't had to have a single UA this pregnancy? I remember very distinctly having to pee in a cup every. single. time. I went to the doctor in America. Haven't had to do it once here. Kinda nice. =)

Comparing photos with when I was 26 weeks pregnant with Lane, I feel like I look better this time...not as fat. I remember feeling really chubby and not "pregnant" at 26 weeks with her. This time around I feel like I actually look pregnant, and I also feel like I'm not gaining extra weight in my hips, butt, and thighs, which is where nearly all of my "fat stores" weight from Lane went. I can still wear my regular jeans and I don't feel like they're as tight around my thighs as when I was pregnant before. I have pulled out my maternity clothes (tank tops, especially) and it's nice to wear them when I'm lounging around, but if I'm out walking around I prefer regular pants since my maternity ones sag and I have to constantly pull them up.

Well, that's that! I can't believe we're almost to the third trimester already...we need to get a move on getting ready for this baby!

1 comment:

  1. I think you look great! You definitely have a baby bump! I am right there with you on the regular clothes, my maternity clothes are still falling off of me. If I'm lucky I'll get to wear them for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!